Thursday, February 1, 2024

The Virtue of Paragon

Tosha Tyran: lately we seem to have full house a lot
Star Ravenhurst: Because this is FUN!
Forest Azure: yay!
Thirza Ember: OK time to go... see you at PARAGON PARK

Gabe Collingwood and Huga Bug
Huga Bug: Welcome all.   Paragon Park opened to the public on Saturday, June 10, 1905, transforming Nantasket for the better part of the 20th century. This park was built from photos of child hood & off the web. It is a wonderful Place to have spent summer fun. 
Star Ravenhurst: I am so excited!! I love theme parks, carnivals, fairs...anything with rides!
Paragon Park
Nara Nook: me too
Huga Bug: The Giant Coaster, built in 1917 and removed from the park in 1985, now operates as The Wild One at Six Flags America. The original name for the coaster was The Comet
Tosha Tyran: yes, the roller coaster is huge... is it safe? shiver
Forest Azure: only for the brave
Huga Bug: yes all wooden coasters are very safe'
Gabe Collingwood: grins. hold on tight ;)
Huga Bug: you may even ride this one. This build came from a dream & vision ... as being a dreamer, I wondered if I could make this in world, thought about it for several years before it became a reality
Thirza Ember: wow 23 and we have not trashed the region
Huga Bug: several rides here are now working.. still working kinks out
Tosha Tyran: it requires alot of scripting, I assume
Thirza Ember: who's the scripter here
Gabe Collingwood: not me
Huga Bug: not me I had help with that & need more
Star Ravenhurst: That is quite the endeavor to make rides and then to script them to work.
Huga Bug: along the boardwalk you will find rides of all types to suit everyone
The maximum attendance the grid has ever had was 30 people, at a recent music event, and it seemed to handle all 23 of us jumping around and checking out the various rides, with very few problems.
Star Ravenhurst: Impressive project!
Roffellos Kisses: omg its like letting the local bus of delinquents free!!!!
Tosha Tyran: hahaha, yeah, I recently robbed a car
Huga Bug: the Ferris Wheel was at one time one of the tallest on the east coast of Us... all along boardwalk you will find games & musch needed food
Tosha Tyran: you mean you build all these things after some real existing ones?
Huga Bug: yes
Tosha Tyran: how cool is that`?
Huga Bug: it was a real Park, from 1905-1986...  the Original Carousel still operates at Nantasket
Tosha Tyran: that is fantastic
Gabe Collingwood: i was so excited when she wanted to build this
Roffellos Kisses: shouldnt have had fish and chips before this
Gabe Collingwood: beer
Marlon Wayne: There is beer and BBQ here?   lol
Angelic Kisses: don't be afraid!
Roffellos Kisses: easy for you to say i have stuff swriling around
James Atlloud: Why did the RL park close in 86?
Huga Bug: the parks along the beaches were not being as profitible & the 80's hit hard in finances, planners put up condos along to be profitable
James Atlloud: Ah, of course.
Lawrence walking the boardwalk
Huga Bug: The Grid began from another Dream it will be actuall 5 but  Gabe &  I have owned & operated it for the past 4.5
Gabe Collingwood: its been a fun ride so far.
Huga Bug: Gabe is my biggest supporter to make this dream come true
James Atlloud: Did you find resources (photos, maps) or mostly build from memory?
Huga Bug: 'I have plans to add some more features of the original park... memories photos from others so everything i could find
James Atlloud: Cool - it feels just right.
Huga Bug: the park from tip to tail was well over 5 miles long
Tosha Tyran: one could spend a week there
Huga Bug: Paragon which included the along with rides was one of the largest parks
Aphra at the Haunted House.. with a slimer.
Gabe Collingwood: welcome Aphra
Star Ravenhurst: Hey Aphra!
Thirza Ember: we missed you a lot aphra
Kelso Uxlay: Hello Aphra
Aphra Hendrix: thank you all just wanted to test the landmark, happy to join you again
Huga Bug: Paragon will be open to public from today so feel free to come visit & watch it grow
James Atlloud: Oh congratulations!
Thirza Ember: Huga is it your plan to script every ride?
Huga Bug: If I could find a scripter to work with me I have thought about that
Gabe Collingwood: its been amazing watching it develop
Tosha Tyran: the coaster looks terrific and the sound is wonderful, but it doesnt move, or maybe there is a trick to it?
Gabe Collingwood: it should move
 Huga Bug: if you mean the huge one I can show you
Tosha Tyran: yes please... anyone dare to join me`? if we crash - it will be the last crash of our lives
Huga Bug: YAY the test run is running come on over
Star Ravenhurst: How do we get on?
 Gabe Collingwood: Huga is riding it now, click on her name
The final splash on the Pirate's Cove flume ride
James Atlloud: I'm on board!
Forest Azure: ah, finally a sit, james
Tosha Tyran: shouts: I found the start button!
Forest Azure: /me gets cold armpits
James.Atlloud: That was tricky how the cars turned direction.  I thought I was in back but now I'm in front!
Tosha Tyran: the last will be the first
Aphra Hendrix: i am taking some pictures
Huga Bug: I am still working on the track so a little bummpy
Angelic Kisses: AAAAARRRRRRGGGGGGHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!
James Atlloud: I'm soaked!
Kelso Uxlay: Not good for my duvet coat
Tosha Tyran: yeah, I am dry because I am behind you, hahaha
James Atlloud: ugh - another soak.  That's why I sit in back!
Tosha Tyran: sorry guys, I have puke on your shoes
Thirza Ember: that's ok, i'm wearing star's shoes
Star Ravenhurst: Wipes shoes in sand
Tosha Tyran: fantastic ride, really
Star.Ravenhurst: It all is so impressive.
Gabe Collingwood: i always enjoyed bumper cars as a kid... I will get right on those hot dogs ;)
Aphra Hendrix: huga, is wonderful work here
snik snoodle: great fun fair, lots to see and try here :)
Tutz Zabelin: here is many lovely textures here.
 Huga Bug: Today, the only surviving remnant of Paragon Park on the boardwalk is the historic Paragon Park Carousel, which was moved from its original site. It now is located next to the old train station and clock tower. The rest of the site is devoted to condominium development.
Thirza Ember: Gabe and huga, tell us about events on Barefoot dreamers grid
Gabe Collingwood: well right now we have dj sets on Monday 3-5 ,Thursday 4-6 and Sunday 3-5. Last Saturday for my birthday we had SSTR here, they're a live cover band out of NY.
Tosha Tyran: I found a real good place here! a real James-place...this is so funny hop, hop, hop... I will have a figure like Marilyn Monroe in her best days!
Huga Bug: I will be adding & reworking the rides in this year to bring more life to Paragon.  such as the sky lift that ran along the park to the beachmini golf that is a couple of things in the plans, oh & I cannot forget the Ferry ride that once toured the park while transporting people from the south end.
Mal Burns: Bouncing with Tosha - such fun
Tosha Tyran: hahaha, Mal I jump higher than you
Thirza Ember: I feel like we are clicking on everything, and still the region refuses to crash
Huga Bug: thirzia shhhh we just got fixed & running amazing
Gabe Collingwood: i'm glad everyone is having fun.
Tosha Tyran: this is tremendous
Huga Bug: I hope you have enjoyed your visit stop in & explore ask any questions you might have any & all feedback is much appreciated
Gabe Collingwood: it was so nice having you here to share a part of BareFoot Dreamers with you all.
Tosha Tyran: ehm.... thank you for the tremendous fun, guys
Roffellos Kisses: this is great thank you so much for all this hard work
Forest Azure: ty so much, great fun!
Angelic Kisses: thanks you Huga and Gabe!
Tutz Zabelin: Very nice to see this place, thank you so much Huga and Gabe
Star.Ravenhurst: I want to bring all of my friends! This is such an awesome build. Thank you for inviting us. I am interested to see how it evolves as you get rides working. Great Safari! 
Gabe Collingwood: i have to say one thing, I have been in SL for over 18 years but i have more fun in opensim.
James Atlloud: Great point Gabe - me too!
Marlon Wayne: great work Huga, hope we can see more from you in the future
 Gabe Collingwood: we're always thinking of new things to do.
Alexey Kazarovic: Thank you so much Huga and Gabe, your project is amazing.
Lawrence Pierce: Thank you Huga, a truly amazing place!
Huga Bug: our pleasure Lawrence so glad you enjoyed
Star Ravenhurst: Thanks again for having us!
Huga Bug: anytime, rides always open
Gabe Collingwood: TAKE CARE NOW HOPE TO SEE YOU SOON.

HG Address:  hop://login.barefoot-dreamers.com:8002/Paragon%20Park/83/228/23

1 comment:

  1. This is clearly a build out of love for the place and it really shows. The experience of being 'at the fair' is great and the rides were very fun. Really good scripting! Thanks for the tour!

    ReplyDelete