Thursday, January 18, 2024

Shining Xzar

Star Ravenhurst: I JUST got nervous!  
Ms.Cal: hello Lucy,  Mal
Star Ravenhurst: Hugs Lucy! Thirza you may want to move. They will be landing on your head
Roffellos Kisses: she likes it
Star Ravenhurst: Welcome James, you may want to move. That thing will keep going off when you are near it
James Atlloud: A welcome message!  I feel very welcome. Do you recommend region environment or something else?
Tosha Tyran: wow, how lovely
Star Ravenhurst: Shared environment.  Some of the parcels have different EPP settings, so with Shared on, you will experience the changes in climate as we walk... Hi Marlon. Welcome. Hi Kelso. Hi Tosha
Lavia Lavine: Hello everyone.
Tosha Tyran: lovely place you have, really
Mal Burns: heya Star
Star Ravenhurst: Hi Mal. Thank you, Tosha, SO happy you made it
Lavia Lavine: Oh boy James found something to ride.
Star Ravenhurst: Angel!! Hugs! Welcome! Welcome Lifted! Everyone Please have SHARED ENVIRONMENT on And sound on. No media, so turn that off if you have it on... are we ready?
Forest Azure: we are
Alexey Kazarovic: Y
Star Ravenhurst: We will be taking a walk
Lavia Lavine: I  love walks
Star Ravenhurst: Follow me then!
Forest Azure: this way or that way?

Tosha Tyran: mean horse wont let me ride
Lavia Lavine: Oooooooh  bears!!
Roffellos Kisses: this is lovely ...nice work !!
Tosha Tyran: Lucy, your horse snorts into my ear and messes up my hairdo
Lucy Afarensis: sorry bout that
Star Ravenhurst: A few years ago I uploaded this thing called Battle Arean from Outworldz, and this past fall, I finally did something with it and built this pavillion. If people have a dispute, they come here to battle it out to the death
This very clever part of the build with a huge group of us crowding around the fighters gave a really effective cinematic feel to what is clearly a crucial part of Star's novel. It took a while for the textures to pop for me, and by the time they did, the group was moving on to the next spot. But even with just five or six of us in this space, it felt dramatic.
Lavia Lavine: Oh so that's what it represents.....cool.
Tosha Tyran: well, with arnold schwarzenegger I would fight too
James Atlloud: I love the 'god rays' from the sun
The we did stop for a photoshoot ! Yay! Meaning I can toss out the 50 photos of people's backs as they rapidly disappeared into the undergrowth. whew. Interestingly, this is the same area that you'll see in the background of Star's picture in this year's HG Safari Opensim calendar, which you can pick up at the Clubhouse any time.
Thirza Ember: wow you all look awesome... if somewhat spread out
Lavia Lavine: Why thank you.
lifted pixel: yeah with the sky we look badass
Star Ravenhurst: We still have a long walk
Torrential rain in the forest.
Marlon Wayne: my hair !
James Atlloud: OH I left my umbrella at home!
Alexey Kazarovic: ohhh rain!!! how did you?
Lavia Lavine: My hair is all wet
Star Ravenhurst: This is the house I am currently working on. Almost finished
Lavia Lavine: And it is an awesome house.
Thirza Ember: yikes i hit a patch of rubberbanding
Star Ravenhurst: I have been experiencing a bit of that lately too Thirza. I am sorry
lifted pixel: safari brings the lag with them
Tosha Tyran: a very cool house, star! wouldn't mind living in it... hey, it is prim made, not mesh! great!
Lavia Lavine: Star does mostly all prim builds
James Atlloud: Lovely statues too.
Thirza Ember: love the effect of the house in the rain but I will be billing you for my dry cleaning
Star Ravenhurst: Haha Thirza. Send it over
Kelso Uxlay: You should switch to wet cleaning
so many winding and picturesque paths!
Star Ravenhurst: OK to the mountains. We have now gone through two Forests
Lavia Lavine: over the river and through the woods.
Star Ravenhurst: I build most of my bridges. This is a low bridge so I made it a drawbridge, so boats can pass. So I need to adjust the timer on the script. But it works very well. 

Thirza Ember: wow that SKYYYYYYY
James Atlloud: Are we on a moon of the planet in the sky or is that a moon?
Jupiter Rowland: "That is no moon!"
Star Ravenhurst: There are rivers throughout, and the water all around the region can be sailed
Thirza Ember: so - question - does the sim inspire your writing, or only the writing inspire the sim?
Star Ravenhurst: Both, Thirza. 
Tosha Tyran: I really think it is an outstanding idea, build and write together!
Star Ravenhurst: Oh! Mal is trying to steal my ride!! Catch him!! I got that little ride when we visited the Groovyverse awhile back.
James.Atlloud: oh help us, that dragon is above!
Lucy Afarensis rides the dragon! (photo by L Afarensis)
Elamanu Pastorelli: Hi all
Star Ravenhurst: Hi Elananu. Welcome
James Atlloud: Last week I suggest Tutz could help build roads for governor linden - maybe you can too!
Marlon Wayne: what size is this sim Star
Star Ravenhurst: This is a 4x4 region. It is parcelled into I lost count. Even the rivers are parcelled so I could name each one
lifted pixel: very organized
Alexey Kazarovic: :) nice idea
Star Ravenhurst: Somewhere around 15 or more parcels. I did a map with prims I laid down while it was still flat and before any terraforming
Tosha Tyran: yes, that seems necessary, if not you lose yourself building
James Atlloud: wow, parcelled rivers too!
Star Ravenhurst: This is the first time I parcelled the rivers too - I finally have built it to stay.
Tosha Tyran: why did you do that, if I may ask?
Forest Azure: so she could name them
lifted pixel: then the names will show in the viewer
Forest Azure: see? paid attention
James Atlloud: +1 Forest
Star Ravenhurst: *-* YeSS! *-*
Star Ravenhurst: and I also love having different environments. I imagine The Land Of Xzar as big as the planet, but I have only a 4x4 to fit it all in. I keep playing with them. The mountains were one of my biggest challenges
There are lots of sweet little valleys hidden across the build, and deep tracks that lead to them like this  small farmstead, and, further on, in a nearby valley, a fishing hole, where an old guy and his dog while away the hours. 

Yet another lane and another little patch of earth being farmed... 
Star Ravenhurst: I am going to make a bloody fortune with this crop!
Lavia Lavine: I need some of these greens for my joint pain.
Tosha Tyran: plenty of good smelling stuff here
Marlon Wayne: ooooh any to smoke
Jupiter Rowland: And Lifted is harvesting already.
Finally we were led up an almost invisible track to a strange feature in the landscape... an anomaly. With sound... quite otherworldly!
Star Ravenhurst: This blends in so well, you may miss it... If you can read the sign: and touch it, it has sound. Just something weird cause I had the script and texture and thought what can I do with it. So I dug a hole.
Lavia Lavine: I love the view
Impressive view, and still about 20 of us present on the region at the end of the Safari, which is perhaps some kind of a record. 
The final point of interest was this meditation area, a brand new bit of the build and a perfect way to end our trip. The temple-like building, shown here with a ruby red floor that changes color over time, is a special element
Star Ravenhurst: The only thing I have bought in OS, from Luna. I built the arches to go with it. There is room for more. There is something strange here if you look. A new project I have no idea where it is going
Forest Azure: you stood on my chakra, una... my cranial one
James Atlloud: I hate it when that happens
Thirza Ember: now you'll need a new one.
The meditation area, on the cliff walk.
Thirza Ember: so what is the best part of building all this for you Star? 
Star Ravenhurst: The best part is I am seeing my novel come to life in 3D and it helps inspire me
James Atlloud: such great stories to be had here
Lavia Lavine: Outstanding work and very unique
lifted pixel: this build is wonderful and MASSIVE
Mal Burns: Thanks Star
Tutz Zabelin: Thank you Star,, very good built all this :)
Tosha Tyran: with so much imagination, Star, that I can only dream about
Star Ravenhurst: Feel free to explore, There is so much more to see
Forest Azure: saved it under 'beautiful sims'
Lucy Afarensis: I will have to come back and visit the dragon I rode
Star Ravenhurst: Has anyone noticed the rocks yet? Behind the meditation circle
Can you see the eyes on the rock formation?
Lavia Lavine: I love the eyes in the rocks that is so very cool Star
James Atlloud: OH I see them now. wow...  some of the eyes follow me as I move!
Tosha Tyran: Star, this is a really wonderful region! full of imagination and one can appreciate the love of building at each corner
James Atlloud: a most excellent journey
Forest Azure: /me's eyes follow james as he moves
Lucy Afarensis: It has been fun
lifted pixel: Thank you for making the metaverse! This was a treat, thank you!
Roffellos Kisses: this was really good thank you Star ..for all your hard work
Angelic Kisses: THanks for the tour, Star!  it's beautiful here!
Thirza Ember: looking forward to roff's photos!
Jupiter Rowland: Night everyone!
Marlon Wayne: ty Star  for showing us  this great build
Star Ravenhurst: I appreciate each and every one of you for coming. See you all next week!
The elegantly winged Star Ravenhurst with Alexey, Lucy, Beth, and Lavia Lavine
HG Address: 

1 comment:

  1. Wow, it's mind-blowing to imagine putting together all the things here. Our tour was really quick and I still feel like there's so much more to see. Awesome work Star!

    ReplyDelete