Thursday, October 19, 2023

Safari visits the Strawberry Fields

The arrival point on Strawberry Fields sets the scene for a Beatles build that takes you through the major sites associated with the Fab Four, and it's by JohnWinston Vandyke,  who came inworld to show us around, and thank goodness he did, because this build is as full of detail as it is ingenious.
This trip was made possible by Dorena Verne, of Dorena's World, without whose assistance we probably would never have been able to meet JohnWinston in person. Thanks Dorena!
JohnWinston Vandyke: wow..I am impressed. Hello everybody
Jupiter Rowland: Hi everyone!
Dorena Bree: Hello
Thirza Ember: wow quite a quick rez for me! impressive, dorenas world
Mal.Burns: faster than last for sure
Thirza Ember: everyone please meet JohnWinston he made this build all about the beatles
Juno Rowland: Hello!
Tosha Tyran: Hi John
Thirza Ember: hey Archetyp
Archetyp Jung: Hello! :-)
Jupiter Rowland: You may want to turn on the music stream. It's always worth listening to on John's sims.
Whirli Placebo: great idea, thx jupiter
Thirza Ember: I have been in love with this build for about a year! it is a really clever use of space.
Star Ravenhurst: Made it! I had to go to the club house first.
JohnWinston Vandyke: I am sorry, I neglected it for a long time, because I built my star wars planets the last 2 years... so let me tell you about this place a few things. Since I was a young boy I am a huge Beatles fan
Whirli. Placebo: love the reprise best
JohnWinston.Vandyke: Well I started to play the guitar, I always wanted to sound like John Lennon, in the end it turned out to sound like Bart Simpson 
JohnWinston Vandyke: virtual world gave me the chance to create a Beatles environment. It all started in Second Life in 2010. I built my first Beatles museum there but, well.. it wasn't possible to realize everything....way too expensive so I went to opensim and started strawberry fields. Here I built all the important places of the Beatles. It is still under construction. Maybe I will never finish it. But I am very glad you all came to visit it
Whirli Placebo: do you have any major additions you are thinking about adding?  or just fine-tuning things?
Not true, not true!!! The man is multi talented.
JohnWinston Vandyke: The first stop is Hamburg. the Star club. Let's make this very quick, it's a place full of nasty things
Jupiter.Rowland: My RL hometown...
Angelic Kisses: oh wow...this looks great
JohnWinston Vandyke: on the left you see the Dollhouse... many strippers are waiting ;)
Whirli.Placebo: hahahahah... I'm so stuck
lifted pixel: nice haha
JohnWinston Vandyke: This small pub is actually the first Beatles place... Gretel and alfons is still on the reeperbahn
Thirza Ember: it looks so awesome with all these avatars
JohnWinston Vandyke: and it was the favourite pub of the Beatles when they were in Hamburg Gretle gave them food, because they were very poor
JohnWinston Vandyke: That's the famous Star club. the place everything started, you can go inside the original stage is on the first floor
Forest Azure: stuck
Thirza Ember: it's a sticky place!
Dorena.Bree: oops
Nara Nook: I got stuck too
lifted pixel: invisible walls can't stop THE SAFARI
Thirza Ember: you betta believe it
JohnWinston Vandyke: Next stop Liverpool!!
Hamburg Tunnel: whispers: Teleporting you to : Cavern Club
Thirza Ember: the teleport is playing with us today ehehe
Juno Rowland: I think half of us ended up in the wrong era.
Forest Azure: that is very specific lag :)
JohnWinston Vandyke: I rezzed too many strippers in Hamburg. I did it 2 hours ago. Maybe that's the reason
Taarna Welles: lost you all :D
JohnWinston Vandyke: Let's wait a moment
Thirza Ember: Liverpool is an easy place to get lost in! but most of the group is here I think... John, have you been to Liverpool to see the Cavern Club?
JohnWinston Vandyke: Just walk around in Liverpool, it's a small quarter. The highlight is the Cavern club
Jupiter.Rowland: Which, by the way, is a fully functional event location.
JohnWinston Vandyke: Yes, I promise I will perform live again very soon

We all enjoyed the Cavern Club, the bar and the band and the dance floor - here are Nara and Dorena Bree consuming a non alcoholic beverage... at least that's what they claimed...
JohnWinston Vandyke: I am stuck
Thirza Ember: I'm a minor, do you think I can sneak in?
Cameriera: whispers: Hi, thirza! Have a drink?
Cameriera: whispers: Hi, Nara! Have a drink?Cameriera: whispers: Hi, Dorena! Have a drink?Thirza Ember: lol baby yoda is here, great cultural mix
Taarna Welles: ha ha haaaa- Finally I can dance with Mal
Mal Burns: hey tarnna  woot  !

Thirza Ember: John, it's a great mix of freebie shops and historical reconstructions, I love the way you have brought the 2 things together
lifted pixel: hahah the band is outrageous
JohnWinston Vandyke: ty :)  ok, let's follow the long and winding road. It leads us to London
Taarna Welles: Sweet people, Taarna goes offline. Mal, thank you for this nice dance. Nn and untill next safari.
Forest Azure: were there coffeeshops in those days?
JohnWinston Vandyke: Well not everything here is historical and political correct ;)
JohnWinston Vandyke: This tunnel leads to the famous abbey road
Liverpool Tunnel: whispers: Teleporting you to : Abbey Road
Star Ravenhurst: I love how you have used the tunnels as teleporters. Brilliant! Great idea
Thirza Ember: it really is a clever use of space, and splitting the different scenes
JohnWinston Vandyke: I wanted to use every corner, so it was the best way
lifted pixel: there they are... doing the thing
JohnWinston Vandyke: Here you'll find lots of musical instruments for free. It's the biggest music store on open sim. 
JohnWinston Vandyke: And here are the Abbey road studios, it's the original building, one of the few buildings I built already in SL... let's go in
The actual house on the street is empty - but a clever teleport at the front door takes you up to a skybox containing a really fabulous mix or archive and environment... The recording studio, giant 60 style equipment for mastering your masterpiece, and a load of great photos from the glory days  when John paul George and Ringo were making it up as they went along.
JohnWinston Vandyke
JohnWinston Vandyke: Pink Floyd also used this studio to create most of their albums
Juno Rowland: That was when the Beatles were more progressive than Pink Floyd.
Forest.Azure: oh, i thought there were handcuffs hanging on the wall!... it's headphones
Thirza Ember: there is so much here!
Back at ground level on Abbey Road, John has added an important extra - his own house! And of course, it's a manor. A little further down the street is the souvenir shop - wow!
JohnWinston Vandyke: Here is just a memorabilia shop. Things I found on the internet. People really bought this shit in the 60ies
Thirza Ember: this is amazing, i would love this beatles guitar! it is so kitsch!
Nara Nook: Dorena crashed out
Thirza Ember: yes, also whirli and Aba... well really John was so kind to let us come here quite last minute, I'm so happy this many 'survived' 
JohnWinston Vandyke: I will set them all to copy soon. If someone wants it, feel free.
Nara Nook: This was fun, I learned a lot
Thirza Ember: and the radio in the Stream is just so perfect, i'm loving it just give me a few days. I am very busy in RL these days
JohnWinston Vandyke:  what we will visit now, is the place of the last concert  the rooftop building, follow me please, Just click the TP to go to the roof, if you want
Nara Nook: are lines on road in Europe crooked?
Thirza Ember: no waiting or overtaking zone
JohnWinston Vandyke: in London they are on some places
Nara Nook: It doesn't confuse drivers?
JohnWinston Vandyke: it's because of the pubs...when you walk out you have to follow the lines
Thirza Ember: no, in london they just ignore it ahaha


Nara Nook: Yeah people in Philly like to share lanes with you
JohnWinston Vandyke: you are very welcome. I am very honored you visited my place
Thirza Ember: without you guiding us we would have missed a lot
Jupiter Rowland: The navigation is a bit unusual, but once you get behind it, it's logical.
JohnWinston Vandyke: if you go back to the main hub, there are still 2 very small place. "Strawberry fields" and"a Garden for George", memorials for John Lennon and George Harrison
Nara Nook: thank you for creating this, I will have to come back and see those most definitely
Thirza Ember: what a labor of love, so much imagination and ingenuity
JohnWinston Vandyke: So I hope you enjoyed it. I did :)
Thirza Ember: the paparazzi are really great
Angelic Kisses: really enjoyed this tribute to the Beatles!
Roffellos Kisses: yes to all of that !
JohnWinston Vandyke: It's time for me to leave now. It was nice meeting you all and I hope to see you again :)) Take care
Yara Eild: thanks and bye
Jupiter Rowland: Now comes the song for the rooftop...
Star Ravenhurst: I loved all of it. Thank you for having us. See you all next week! Have a magikal day!
Alex Salamander: great work here :-)
Thirza Ember: thanks for being here everyone, we have 3 more Safari trips this year, I hope to see you all at them!
Lifted.Pixel: Another wonderful safari! see you all next week happy hypergridding :3

HG Address: dorenas-world.de:8002:Strawberry Fields



No comments:

Post a Comment