Thursday, June 8, 2023

Anatomy of an Artist

Something special has been brewing over the past few months. Cherry Manga, one of the most respected and admired artists working in opensim. The region is Anatobotanica, on Pangea Grid. This opening was timed for the conclusion of this season of the Safari, and it really gave the WOW factor to our trip.
At the end you'll find the HG Address spelled out for you - and just to say THANK YOU for reading this blog, for following it, for visiting the destinations whether with the Safari group or on your own - it means a lot to our kind hosts! - and for all the comments, suggestions, help and support. It's been a great season, and there is so much more out there to see.
Anatobotanica is a golden artefact, hanging on a mirrored ocean, with an inland sea of molten gold.
The highlands are spheres, bubbles, bodies - a hive of creativity, golden like the rest. That golden glow is everywhere; the lightbulb of an idea, the first rays of sunrise, the glistering of passions, thoughts, challenges, and pure creativity. It flows through virtual spaces, out into the real world and then back, directly through the fingers of, and the idiosyncratic imagination of, Cherry Manga
Cherry Manga: welcome in my private space, well, not so private now but...
Mys Tigerpaw: its very cool
James Atlloud: Is the water liquid gold?
Thirza Ember: I love the wonderful sky here!
Cherry Manga:  EEP is a bliss, adds so much to an environment
Lovely Dinkie Nebby Newman studies the art 
Thirza Ember: so - Lifted Pixel is filming our visit I hope you are all ok with that
lifted pixel: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=16wJY0V7pOA
Cherry Manga: good, thanks Lifted
Mys Tigerpaw: Mys is ok with being a moviestar *grin*
James Atlloud: very nice frame on the video, Lifted
Cherry Manga: There are several areas here, that are illustrating both the creative process, and the space where things are made. It's not the usual installation you saw from me...it's very, very personal and intimate... would you like to have a walk or be lazy and take teleports?
Tosha Tyran: I would rather walk
James Atlloud: I need walking exercise! (I really like it when we walk on Safari)
Star Ravenhurst: Me too
Tosha Tyran: yes, I do too, James
Forest Azure: a bus is even nicer
James Atlloud: Oh yes, mass transit :)
Cherry Manga: if sounds annoys you, don't try to shut off stream, it's inworld scripted sounds you have to lower, sounds are important though, as they are some tunes I listened to a lot past months, creating.
James Atlloud: I love the water so much I'm soaking in it!
Forest Azure: did you bring a towel, james? and socks? dry socks?
James Atlloud: I always carry a towel when adventuring
Cherry Manga: this thing is an amount of real scanned sculptures put together, and their original 3d model version..  there are a lot of similar ones, because IRL, I have very few pieces ready, many are waiting....
Reyno Parx: amazing
Tosha Tyran: I am just looking at all those sculptures and keen wonder how on earth one person can have so many ideas....and me not even one.
Cherry Manga: Tosha, you don't want to be in my mind, trust me :)
Tosha Tyran: some of them are quite frightening - but all so awesomely beautiful
Angelic Kisses: they are all meaningful...I can feel that
Cherry Manga: we go ahead and see my real home? it may sound weird, but invite you all to chill in my living room
Angelic Kisses: ooooh what a lovely invitation
Thirza Ember: I hope there are snacks
Cherry Manga: there's red wine for you Thirza... ok, follow me :)
Cherry Manga: here we are, feel free to pet my cat, take a glass of wine and chill... it's a bit small, usually I don't have more than 8-10 people at once there haha
Tosha Tyran: the cat is growling, hahaha, maybe we should leave her alone
Star Ravenhurst: Purring
Angelic Kisses: lol   yeesss...I think I'll start here with meditation
Mys Tigerpaw: I think you have a slight problem with dampness in your house :0) ...  joking aside, this place looks great
Cherry Manga: the garden has rl sounds, the birds and bees from france :)
Thirza Ember: Imagine the heating bills for a house like this
James Atlloud: Cherry, do you use mouselook?  I feel like I experience so much more of a space in that mode.
Cherry Manga: I use all modes, James ;)
James Atlloud: Ah of course!  so cool
Thirza Ember: thirty-five people here right now... region is strong! well done Pangea
Karsten Runningbear and Marlon Wayne
James Atlloud: I'm sure I'll see this place in my dreams tonight... And that's good :)
Cherry Manga: a bit further there is a space with AI inspiration, mainly MidJourney, most are based on my sculptures photos
Bink Draconia: being here feels like being inside a big treasure chest. really awesome, Cherry
Lucy Afarensis: I just switched to region wind light WOW
Kitty Sarrasine: very cool
Lampithaler teleports to the AI flag area
Cherry Manga: that part is MidJourney pictures, based on the RL Sculptures, everything on this region is a talk between RL and tech
Reyno Parx: Cherry you are a really great ARTIST
Cherry Manga: I don't know, I wish, I work for it, but thank you, it's encouraging :))
Dorothea Lundquist: it's amazing
Cherry Manga: we have  "few" steps to the RL photos if you would follow me, from sculpture to Ai animation that usually works with human faces, works fine
Dorothea Lundquist: oh dear, how great :-))
Nara Nook: fascinating
Loru Destiny: yes absolutely amazing
Roffellos Kisses: the shadow play is ...amazing
Cherry Manga: and here are the photos from the PLA sculptures, I think I will have to put some money in a good camera, photos here are made with phones and...errrr
Thirza Ember: do you find Cherry, that working on art, some RL and some virtual, helps keep the imagination and creativity alive, and fresh?
Cherry Manga: no, I mean, to me, there is no boundary, technically, my RL art is computer based, it's 3D printed, it's an extension from virtuality. I just wanted to "touch" again, paint, model, with own hand
Angelic Kisses: Spectacular
Just then Felix Ringtail, aka Alpha Auer, was able to join us. Last week, we were on her extraordinary region, Shapeshifter, which with this, would make a very mind-bending art excursion.
FeliX Ringtail: Hey Cherry, Hi Lampithaler, i tried to TP to the LM you gave but it isn't working and I cant see you online either, but anyway here I am
Luna Aardvark: wow that's a cool world ... thanks for making this world :D
Cherry Manga: to be honest, I was anxious to show you all this, as it's very personal, not the usual interactive world I used to show.... I doubt it's interesting to show my home and my photos!
Thirza Ember: I love the way the art is presented in such different ways, according to the section of the build. very imaginative and varied
Cherry Manga, resplendent with antlers and gold wire
lifted pixel: It's fun to see how people style their 'home' regions. Since they really don't need to have anything in particular in them...not like your RL home where you need a bathroom for example
Cherry Manga: Lampi and Marlon are the best hosts to feel home, really.
Thirza Ember: yes, Pangea has become the premiere Art grid in opensim, no question
Kitty Sarrasine: beautiful work :)
Marlon Wayne: thank you
Thirza Ember: The water here is like an art work all on its own
James Atlloud: And the sky!
Cherry Manga: oh I can pass the water setting if you wish hahahaha, water is in the white cube here
Luna Aardvark: as Eldritch Horrors ... do you read Sutter Cain? :D ... its very awesome to be here, I'm so glad you share it to all of us :D
Angelic Kisses: I can't wait to come back and wander through this remarkable sim
James Atlloud: TY for the water!
Cherry Manga: The region may change in the future, as new RL sculptures are made, I will remove/replace here
James Atlloud: Change is the only thing I can count on
Roffellos Kisses: really thought provoking and very clever. Cherry thank you for letting us havea little peek
Tosha Tyran: it reminds me a little of the Dali museum in Figueras, Spain. But frankly: This is better
Cherry Manga: pffff Tosha, come on
Tosha Tyran: nono, I mean it
Thirza Ember: there is so much here that a museum in rl could never do
Tosha Tyran: exactly
Mal Burns: wonder what Dali would have done in 3D?
Lucy Afarensis: Had a lot of fun, I'm sure
Cherry Manga: Yes Mal, Dali would have done moon projections, made Elon Musk dance on mars with liquid gold moustache....errmm anyway heheh
Tosha Tyran: and also Dali has so much sexism and religious in his works and other strange things...
Star Ravenhurst: I prefer Magritte over Dali
Thirza Ember: I should ask cherry - what was the most TERRIBLE difficult part to build?  (classic safari question)
Tosha Tyran: I bet I know... the golden balls!
Cherry Manga: here Thirza, I NEVER liked 2D in 3D, so exhibiting 2D pictures isn't natural to me
Tosha Tyran: but now - classical Tosha question... Cherry, what programs do you use? I find traces of blender...
Mal Burns: i suspect main tool is creative brain
Loru Destiny: :-)
Cherry Manga: many, many, from blender, sculptris, to midjourney, to Ai apps I don't remember the names as I switch so easily
Tosha Tyran: sigh, that is what I feared
Cherry Manga: and 3D scan mostly, with basic phone app, I love how the 3D scans aren't perfect, and look  "glitched" ...it's kiri engine. The little video was made with Canva i think
James Atlloud: Yes, I saw canva on the video
Mal Burns: oooo - i been fiddling with scaniverse open ios
Cherry Manga: well I have a big appetize for playing with new tools, some just for one or two things, some forever (losing life to opensource ones)
Thirza Ember: an exciting time in mesh creativity!
Cherry Manga: I just wish to be good now, with RL  3D printed sculptures, it's not so easy..
Rage Darkstone: Do you 3D print Cherry?
Cherry Manga: yes Rage
Thirza Ember: yes don't forget, you can buy a rl piece of Cherry art now!
James Atlloud: Felix mentioned zbrush I think last week as a design tool
Tosha Tyran: yes she did, I looked for it... my god, no way for paying for it
Cherry Manga: I use sculptris, the little brother, i will never put money in Zbrush or other, unless you all buy me all my rl sculptures, then I will use every tech as possible :P
lifted pixel: lol i feel that. all the programs are expensive, monthly fees, nothing for hobbyists to do but acquire the software.
Lampithaler Artist: Dear visitors, who likes can now immediately dance to the music of Marlon Wayne. This opening is unique, many thanks Cherry Manga for this art high pleasure
Cherry Manga: Lampi, it's you I have to thank!
Cherry Manga: Safaristas, many thanks for being here for the Safari Finale, Thirzina....hugs and ♥
Tosha Tyran: cherry, thank you so much for this very unique look into your creativity and your home
Lampithaler Artist: Thank you from the bottom of my heart, it is so incredibly impressive and beautiful. :-))
Nara Nook: Thank you Cherry your builds are always so beautiful
Yara Eild: Yes very wonderful
Alex Salamander: It is wonderful here
Nebby Newman: thanks much for sharing, Cherry!
Star Ravenhurst: Thank you for this. So creative!
Kitty Sarrasine: /me purrs
Angelic Kisses: nods,   I really have enjoyed this tour
Cherry Manga: I love you all, free people, say hello to the hippies at the next jump!

HG Address:  pangeagrid.de:8002:Anatobotanica


 

No comments:

Post a Comment