Our first stop this week was to Wolf Territories Grid, to see the artist and poet Arabian Sands, This vast sim has so much on it, that we could only touch on a few points of interest and wow how interesting it was. The sim is called Dune Art, and it's a very sandy sumptuous region under a spectacular sky. There were quite a lot of us on the sim, including some first time Safarians, always great to have new company on our tours!
Yara Eilde: Hello Arabien
Max Well: hello hello all
Dings Digital: Hallo Yara :)
Tosha Tyran: Hello folks :)
Ayla Alvarez: hi everyone, got your pith helmet?
Star Ravenhurst: Hi everyone
Arabian Sands: Hey Forest :)
Tosha Tyran: James, sexy underwear :D
Forest Azure: oh wow, I'm me already! that is fast!
Ayla Alvarez: not panties, I hope...
James Atlloud: boxers, always boxers. they be painted on just for such occasions.
Lavia Lavine: Hey Everybody
Bob Solo: hi
Thirza Ember: how is the rezzing going? I see you all looking good ... at least, skins are slow today but at least we all have our hair!
Bob Solo: all colored in
Spax Orion: slowly seeping in... no lag on my end...Pretty place btw!
Lavia Lavine: It's slowly coming in for me
Ayla Alvarez: I'm gray and I can't get up
Tina Bey: Hola a Todos !!
Jade Serenity: Oooo pretty sky!
Tosha Tyran: Hola, Tinísima
Arabian Sands: As-salamu alaykum, and welcome to everyone. My name is Arabian Sands, and I am the creator and builder of Dune and Dune Art. It is my great honor that HG Safari has chosen to visit my world today as one of their stops. I would especially like to thank Thirza for making this visit possible.
Thirza Ember: don't say great honor until after. we make a lot of mess
Jade Serenity: giggle
Spax Orion: Thirza told me to leave the spray paint home
Tosha Tyran: oh Spax, what a shame
Arabian Sands: Today’s tour will take you through four different places and themes, each offering a different perspective on my work. We will begin with “Starchild”, a photograph born from a journey through the Moroccan desert and a sandstorm.
Arabian Sands: Then we will visit “Breathing Water”, an exploration of the inner world, melancholy, solitude and deep thoughts.
Arabian Sands: Our third stop is “The Levant”, where desert landscapes meet Gothic architecture and a fascinating history of cultural encounters between Europe and the Orient. Afterwards, you are all warmly invited to wander freely through the pyramid and explore the photographs at your own pace.
Arabian Sands: If we have enough time at the end, our final stop will be Wadi al-Asrar, the Valley of Secrets, a dried-up river valley in the heart of the desert, home to two desert projects. This month’s exhibition is titled “Where Do Your Absences Live?” There, I will introduce you to the meditation space and then leave you some time to explore and experience it on your own.
Forest Azure: /me hopes for a harem
James Atlloud: wow
Arabian Sands: If everyone is ready, we can begin the tour now. I have marked the relevant objects with a red prim for easier orientation. ready?
Dings Digital: ready
Shea Butter: ready
Arabian Sands: here is our first object
Forest Azure: wow, you have done a lot since i last saw this, arabian!
Arabian Sands: This photograph is called “Starchild”. It was taken during a multi-day camel journey between Marrakech and Fès. One afternoon, we were caught in a sandstorm. Out of the corner of my eye, I noticed a person walking on top of a dune. I raised my camera with one hand and took a few shots without really looking through the viewfinder, because I had to stay focused on the ride.
Arabian Sands: When I returned home and looked at the images, I was happy to see that I had captured both the figure on the dune and the sandstorm. Later, I transformed the grains of sand into stars. It reflects a belief that has always been important to me: we are all part of the same universe. That is how “Starchild” came to life.
Lavia Lavine: Interesting
Bob Solo: neat photo
Tosha Tyran: gorgeous!
Thirza Ember: Arabian, what equipment do you use for your photos?
Arabian Sands: I am using Fujifilm with a 16 mm lens for that photo
James Atlloud: I'm not sure which image to look at - sorry.
Tosha Tyran: thats because you smoke too much james!
Shea Butter: or too little
Forest Azure: great pic :)
Arabian Sands: This work “breathing water“ is a metaphor for a person’s inner world. While looking out at the ocean in Essaouira, Morocco, I imagined someone who had learned to ‘breathe underwater’—to live within their own melancholy, pain, loneliness, and deep thoughts. What was once overwhelming has become familiar. The outside world calls them back, but they have become so deeply rooted in their inner world that returning is no longer easy.
Poem:
“I learned how to breathe underwater.
At first, I drowned, then I floated, then I forgot air.
Now the shore calls me back, but my lungs are full of something else.
by arabian عربي“
Jade Serenity: i love it when the ocean looks like this... i love that poem and picture
Ayla Alvarez: its beautiful, Arabian

Spax Orion: gotta love regressions
Ayla Alvarez: we all have the right to regress...I gess...
Thirza Ember: oh i just saw the texture effect on the pyramid behind the picture, very nice
Thirza Ember: what is the most difficult thing to photograph, Arabian?
Arabian Sands: catching the right feeling and imagining a story... and light of course
Spax Orion: indeed your work is very nice Mr Sands
Arabian Sands: thx spax
Arabian Sands: this one is an inworld photo
Lavia Lavine: that is a beautiful but haunting picture
Arabian Sands: At first glance, a Gothic building in the middle of the desert may seem like a contradiction. Historically, however, this combination is entirely possible. Between the 12th and 13th centuries, European Crusaders brought their architectural traditions to the Levant. In the Crusader states, churches, castles, and monasteries were built, combining Western Romanesque and Gothic elements with the architecture of the Middle East. The historic Levant includes much of present-day Syria, Lebanon, Israel and Palestine, Jordan, and parts of southeastern Turkey. It lies along the eastern Mediterranean and forms a transitional region between the Mediterranean coast and the dry desert landscapes of the Arabian interior.
Arabian Sands: This ruin evokes a time when two worlds met: European Gothic architecture and the landscapes of the Orient. What appears today as a foreign presence in the desert may therefore be a remnant of this turbulent and fascinating history.
Max Well: your photos are striking and full of symbols
Ayla Alvarez: is it holy or unholy?
Tosha Tyran: wow, interesting
Forest Azure: your pics are non copy.. you don't want people to have them?
Arabian Sands: if you are interested on one, sure,just IM me your fav pls
Ayla Alvarez: its beautiful...they're all beautiful :-)
The Safari visit was always going to be just a quick glimpse at what is on the region, with the idea that art lovers can return and take their time to look at all the images and the associated poems. I particularly liked this one, right next to the ruin. It has a flavor of Cherry Manga to it, and here's a pic of Cherry in front of the image, do you think I'm right?
Tosha Tyran: Arabian... may I ask you if you have a special connection to the desert and the beduins?
Arabian Sands: yes Tosha, I have oriental roots and i am travelling often to visit desert all around Arabia and North Africa, and I am travelling often with beduins
Tosha Tyran: :) ah, thanks to let me know, I like the way you show you sentiments in you builds and your fotos.... it gives a real warm feeling
Lavia Lavine: That's awesome.
Bob Solo: interesting to share other cultures
Spax Orion: Everything I see is inspiring... gives me ideas to create new things!
Arabian Sands: they thought me a lot about the desert the sand we are standing on is a real sand texture from Aman, its limestone
Forest Azure: /me checks if her water bottle is still full enough
Spax Orion: When I saw DUNE I was thinking SAND WORMS... wrong DUNE lol.....
Cherry Manga: hehe Spax
Tosha Tyran: so did I spax
Arabian Sands: Our next stop will be the pyramid. Please feel free to explore at your own pace and don’t hesitate to ask me in case of any questions.
Jade Serenity: oh wow we are in this pyramid cool!
Thirza Ember: Arabian how many images do you have here? an estimate
Arabian Sands: i guess all over the land 500-600 ... here, maybe 400
Forest Azure: did you see the pyramid at the Wrong Biennale, Arabian? I think it was Luna's?
Arabian Sands: no Forest, i go out very seldom :)
Forest Azure: ah, too bad, you would have liked it
Jade Serenity: whoahhh look up... hypnotic
James Atlloud: yes, looking up is wild
Jade Serenity: dang Sands, this building is awesome
James Atlloud: the region and the art live in harmony together
Arabian Sands: I will bring you now to my private area
Thirza Ember: ok that sounds like quite the invitation
Ayla Alvarez: giggles, uh, oh, I knew this was coming
Arabian Sands: ready?
Thirza Ember: gulp I hope so
Jade Serenity: rofl
Arabian Sands: this is the first time i make it public
Tosha Tyran: readyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy
Arabian Sands: then yaallah
Tosha Tyran: awwww, poor donkeys... they are not made to carry people
Spax Orion: nice EEP push trick
James Atlloud: This looks really lovely at midnight environment
Arabian Sands: you can come here whenever you want to relax, contemplate...
Shea Butter: music for me
Arabian Sands: WHERE DO YOUR ABSENCES LIVE?
This work explores the different places where the presence of someone can remain, even after that person is gone. There are eight places: the skin, the bed, the door, memory, the chair, the garment, the landscape and music. Each of these places can hold a different kind of absence. Some are connected to the body and physical experience. Others belong to memory, objects, places or sounds. The circle invites you to walk slowly around the images and observe them. Then enter the center, sit down, close your eyes and breathe.
Arabian Sands: Ask yourself:
Where do my absences live?
There are eight places shown here.
There is one more.
Yours.
Forest Azure: my absence lives in my avatar
Thirza Ember: they live on my To Do list.
Cherry Manga: probably in the dust and chores my husband won't do ever
Tosha Tyran: I love that question... where am I when I am not ... what? within myself
Arabian Sands: wow Tosha
Spax Orion: I lost mi absence years ago, if anyone finds it, I do not want it, please do not return it... thanks.
Shea Butter: lol
Bob Solo: I am just a residual self image of the digital me
Jade Serenity: what wonderful poetry, and pictures to go with it
Thirza Ember: Arabian, what made you choose Wolf territories for your home grid?
Arabian Sands: the crash of Osgrid, 3 years ago I started there, but the sim was much smaller, the pyramid and the art stuff I built here at wolf
Ricky Fournier: I have been on so many others and I love it here. I came here from an OSGrid crash as well, and I'd never go back. Lone is absolutely amazing to work with.
Arabian Sands: yes he is amazing, and a frequent guest at dune
Forest Azure: so your absence lives at LBSA Plaza :)
James Atlloud: gotta shout out to Lone Wolf - servers are performing brilliantly.
Thirza Ember: with so many textures I wondered if people would be too laggy, but I think it's been ok? for 17 people or so, that's impressive
Spax Orion: no lag on my end
James Atlloud: no lag for me except that one time walking by the pyramid.
Jade Serenity: yes same here
Arabian Sands: to be honest I also scared a bit, but servers are very stable
Arabian Sands: outside of this area, I recommend to ride with hirses to discover the Wadi. *horses
James Atlloud: horses - yay
Tosha Tyran: I always wanted to ride hirse... :DDD
Cherry Manga: and no donkeys Tosha? pfff
Tosha Tyran: no donkey, cherry, skinny or not!
Spax Orion: The last time I did that it had consequences
Bob Solo: burrow
James Atlloud: camels?
Thirza Ember: we have a few minutes let's ride! we still have time to crash the sim
Ayla Alvarez: I guess we have to leave our absences here
Ricky Fournier: This music is almost like 2001
Forest Azure: a horse, a horse, my region for a horse!
Alex Salamander: Very nice horse :-)
Ayla Alvarez: shouts: the music and riding is fantastic! I should have worn chaps or something
Tosha Tyran: how cute ! my horse wags its tail
Arabian Sands: Thank you for being here and for bringing your light into the desert. I hope you enjoyed the journey and found something here that speaks to you. You are always warmly welcome to return to Dune whenever you wish, to explore, reflect, meditate, or simply enjoy the quiet of the desert. You may stay as long as you like. It has been a pleasure and an honor to have you here. I wish you a beautiful journey onward, and I hope our paths will cross again.
James Atlloud: shouts: TY Arabian - this is spectacular!
Bob Solo: Thank you very much Arabian
Dings Digital: so much to see, thank you Arabian
Yara Eilde: Thanks Arabian for showing. It is nice here
![]() |
| Arabian Sands |
Arabian Sands: you can come back any time, there is much more to discover
Tosha Tyran: thank you so much Arabian! this really is so wonderful
James Atlloud: Come on in, the water is warm!
Max Well: thank you for this dream moment
Lavia Lavine: It is quite lovely.
Arabian Sands: thank you all shukhran
Alex Salamander: Thanks for showing us this place :-)
Ayla Alvarez: art, music, spirituality, horses...life is good :-)
HG Address: grid.wolfterritories.org:8002:dune art
HG Address: grid.wolfterritories.org:8002:dune art
.png)
.png)
.png)
.png)
.png)
.png)

.png)
.png)
.png)
.png)
.png)
.png)
.png)
.png)
.png)
.png)
.gif)
.png)
No comments:
Post a Comment