Thursday, September 14, 2023

A Spirited Safari

 The spark that sets alight creativity in Opensim can come from lots of sources. A desire to celebrate favorite movie or fictional character, a vivid dream or memory, or perhaps to walk through famous landmarks from around the world and meditate on their history and culture, or relive an idealized holiday landscape. And of course, there are those who eternally orbit the interior of their underwear. 

Our first stop on this second Safari of the season was on Ignis Fatuus grid, and the build we visited is by Nadir Rae, who didn't join us, but instead the lovely Max Well, owner of the grid, took us around the build. 
The inspiration for Spirit of Life came from a picture seen on the internet of bioluminescence - a tree all lit up in blue and red - and one idea led to another, with some famous Opensim artwork in the mix also... see if you can recognize it  as you scroll down, and comment below.
Max Well of Ignis Fatuus
Since Max speaks French, we all got our Translators on - the Tallista seems to work really well all over opensim, provided the region owner remembers to turn on Scripts for everyone during our visit. 
Max Well [fr→en]: if you want to discover the delights of the sap of this tree, follow me.
Star takes the plunge
Max Well [fr→en]: you have to let yourself fall into the hollow of this tree. There is a staircase but it is difficult to go down... if you wish, we will visit the meanders of Nadir's memory through these galleries.
Under the tree, a cavern with this intriguing sculpture and four doorways leading off into tunnels. 
Max Well [fr→en]: you have to follow the blue line, red is for the return journey
Francisco Koolhoven: beautiful
First stop, the cave of Petra, with a nice bench that James made full use of - he is the Designated Sit Tester on Safari. the beautiful wings in blue cover the entryway to this environment with its pools and flowers.
Max Well [fr→en]: there are other hiding places, but it's not over here...we can continue the visit, it's this way
An even bigger cave opened up... with fish flying, and birds swimming underwater
Forest Azure: i hope my boots are waterproof
James Atlloud: Ooo - such color!
Tosha Tyran: it is a gorgeous idea -walking through ones memory... I wonder which part of the memory is this... I mean - so wet
Thirza Ember: all life begins in the water.... and the air
Tosha Tyran: we are regressing to the beginning of our own life... my ribs are already itching... I think I am growing fins

Of the regions on Ignis, many are created by Max and some by Nadir, and some by both of them, In some cases, differently inspired regions are next door to each other.
Max Well [fr→en]:  there is a link, besides these sims are very close... it all started with an image, Nadir and I often work like this
Tosha Tyran: finally we have the answer to the question: What came first - the hen or the egg? First was the image!
Star Ravenhurst: The imagination and inspiration for it is ...I have no words. Magnificent!
Tosha Tyran: I love those little lights on the floor, they pull me right into the darkness
Max Well [fr→en]: next is a little place that I love
Forest Azure: a boat, James! to sit in!
James Atlloud: Aha!
Max Well [fr→en]: you can take photos on the boat
Neo CortexHG: is that the ferry to the underworld?
James Atlloud: ferry to the moon
Tosha Tyran: I take you across the river
Forest Azure: /me looks in her pockets for spare money... oh no pockets
Neo CortexHG: do not pay her until you got to the other side...
James Atlloud: always good advice
Thirza Ember: really nice use of textures
Max Well [fr→en]: you have to click on the tentacles. 
James Atlloud: Sushi time
Thirza Ember: this reminds me of my lunch ... I was going to look for  some tartare sauce
James Atlloud: Poor Mal - it looks terminal.
Forest Azure: he should have kept his facemask
Tosha Tyran: wow, one thing is for sure - before I go to sleep tonight, I will have to check carefully my brain!
Max Well [fr→en]: I'm sorry I can't explain all that, Nadir would have known better than me
Even Max, who knows the build well, found it hard to navigate down here, between the many rooms and corridors - the maze of the mind, if you will. 
 Yara Eild: C'est une région magnifique et pleine de fantaisie
James Atlloud: Just lovely work - thank you so much.
Tosha Tyran: fantastic region, beautiful work, thanks for sharing
Max Well [fr→en]: you're welcome, I did what I could
It's a beautiful build. worth visiting more than once, just remember that Ignis grid is a private server and so is not always online - evenings European time is the best chance of finding the grid accessible.

HG Address:  ignis-fatuus.no-ip.biz:8002:Spirit of Life

3 comments:

  1. Thank You for your visite and comment, when my dream comes true, I have the feeling of inviting friends to enter, sorry for my absence, very frustrating for myself, but so delighted with this sharing, Friendly Nadir Rae.

    Merci de votre et commentaires , quand mon rêve deviens réalité, j'ai le sentiments d'inviter des ami(e)s à y pénétrer, navrée de mon absence, très frustrante pour moi même, mais si ravie de ce partage, Amicalement Nadir Rae.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you ever so much for sharing your memories with us! It sure was an exciting and intimite walk through the maze of your brain...

      Delete
  2. This visit presents the real magic of opensimulator - a place we could never go in real life. It is beautiful, hypnotic and inspiring. Thank you Nadir, Max and of course, Thirza!

    ReplyDelete