Thursday, November 17, 2022

Aether Way

Air or sea? Light or dark? Either way, our final stop for this season of the Safari is an oasis for the senses. 
Nico Kailani invited us to visit sim Aether, whose definition defies simple terms. Part art sim, part clothes collection, part gallery, part party place, it is all worth seeing. HG Address, as usual, at the bottom of the post. Check out that EEP!
Nico Kaliani: So, anybody got a notecard? Imbedded in it is "The Story of Aether" Read it if you like. Alot of cool stuff about the Greeks and all
Forest Azure: yes... yes...yes...yes
Wizardoz Chrome: yes
Tree Kyomoon2: this is an excellent place to be hit with the epiphany that Hypergrid works, we already have a metaverse. Thanks everyone!!!
New look Oni.

Oni Kiri got up early, just to be with us, and mind that we didn't chew up the servers, which was very kind seeing as it must have been about 5am in Japan.
Nico Kaliani: So, we are standing on the original pimple of the entire OS  - This is it.
Forest Azure: /me checks her shoes
Nico Kaliani: I made it look like the atmosphere of a planet emerging from the ocean
Ernest.Moncrieff: a 4th Dimension passing through a 3rd
James sits in the sea
James Atlloud: <like>
Ernest Moncrieff: ooooh shooting stars
Nico Kaliani: So, Have you heard the expression "It's Greek to me." People may use when they hear something difficult of them to understand. Aether and other names used here would be Greek to the Greeks. It's all explained in the notecard "The Story of Aether."
Wizardoz Chrome: beautifullllll sky
Ernest Moncrieff: yes shared environment is lovely
Nico Kaliani: This is one of the four EEPs you can get at Cherry's shop on CK, Cosmos. So, are we ready to visit the sky above this sky?
Kelso Uxlay: Go
And then we were at Duality. Stepping off into the glassy nothingness f this part of the build, the whol world is reflected back at you from the void.
Ernest Moncrieff: Duality is that that Jungian thing?
Nico Kaliani: I hate no fly regions, I wanted to make a no walk one, being the kind of person I am.  I had to settle on this -- seemingly walking on air
Nara Nook: :)
whirli placebo: lol
Ernest Moncrieff:  this is vertigo inducing
Star Ravenhurst: This is a little disorientating!
Nico Kaliani: Thirza called this an art region. For me, art is about making the stange familiar and the familiar strange. This is a world of black, white, shadows and wild sky, The people here left, and only left behind their shadows
Ernest.Moncrieff: oh I love these flower
Nebby Newman: I like the sky
Wizardoz Chrome: beautiful effect of reflection
Star Ravenhurst: This is incredible!

Frank was dressed perfectly for this place, black and white.
Nico Kaliani: Join me over in the Cubes. Everyplace here has one name. It's either because it's arty that way or I'm lazy
Nico Kailani
Thirza Ember: feels a bit like a maze but a super easy maze  
 James.Atlloud: thought it WAS a maze when first rezzed
Nico Kaliani:  hahaha, I suppose so.  Fortunately, its the Minotaur's day off
Thirza Ember: it's like - wow we are the smartest rats ever -  where is that damn cheese
Forest Azure /me smirks and looks for the cat
Wizardoz Chrome: what beautiful perspectives as well
Forest Azure: it is aMazing :)

Star Ravenhurst: This thing over here is amazing. The way the pictures change
Tina Bey: yes, nice nice nice !
Star Ravenhurst: I first saw out of the corner of my eye and thought my mind or eyes were playing tricks. It's an amazing build. I love it!
Nico Kaliani: The contrast between the B&W and the sky is what I was after
Star Ravenhurst: You achieved it
Nico Kaliani: One of the first visitors said the sky should be black and white also... Ya, I think not
Star Ravenhurst: I don't think a BW sky would work
Nico Kaliani: I'm happy with it like this
Wizardoz by the magic moving pictures
Wizardoz Chrome: the different grays of the houses look great with the color of the colored sky ...
Tina Bey: I love it!
Thirza Ember: do these photos have a special meaning for you?
Nico Kaliani: They are by some of my favorite photographers. And you are going to ask their names, and I wouldn't be able to say at the moment... Jerry Ulsman is one, I'm sure I spelled his name wrong
Wizardoz Chrome: Pics are from AI - with help of AI Midjourney or similar ?
Nico Kaliani: Not done in AI. Was doing amazing stuff before Photoshop
Wizardoz Chrome: nice nice nice !
Ernest Moncrieff: ponders... if dogs see in black and white, what would it be like for them to see color? if we could see the whole spectrum would it blow out minds?
Luna and Nico
Lee Vand: Hi Everybody ;)
Star Ravenhurst: Hi luna, wave Lee!
Luna Lunaria: wow, love the view here. Hi Nico :-)
Nico Kaliani: So, adult furniture...in an art region? When I go to an art gallery, I sometimes study the art. I sometimes enter into a trance and become absorbed by the art. Sometimes I want to dance or have sex with the art. Both of which would not be welcomed in most galleries
Forest Azure: lol... a shame
James Atlloud: You all know I like to sit in strange places, but today, now I'm afraid!
On to the Circle, with its own little grey moon.
Nico Kaliani: My hope is that every dance machine in OS blows up and goes away.. Such a load on the server - I use my viewer AO for dance! But no mater how many times people touch my exploding moon, its still here.
James Atlloud: no touch-backs!
Luna Lunaria: touch touch touch - doing my part
There is a small freebie store called Duality, full of outfits also on this region. Sorry, nothing for the guys. Nico makes outfits from items she finds all over opensim, and combines them to form unique looks. Contemporary, delicate yet determined, her style is unmistakable, and she goes to a great deal of trouble not only to come up with the combos, but also to make them available to others.
Nico Kaliani: Duality offers outfits I've assembled, Black outfits. White outfits.
Forest.Azure: /me looooves black outfits :)
Luna.Lunaria: I picked up a black one just the other day
Nico Kaliani: Sometimes I go wild and make black and white outfits
Thirza Ember: :shocked:

Nico Kaliani: So, the final destination....Dance! Someone make a movie of this! Line dancing to the 3rd power!
Tina Bey: how dizzy!!  øغ ° ¤ HaHaHaHa øغ ° ¤
Nico Kaliani: Focus out to avoid motion sickness
James Atlloud: •✪✪• ╬╬ ◐◐  ╬╬ ◐◐  ╬╬◐◐◐◐◐ •✪✪•
Luna Lunaria: This is great!
Nico Kaliani: People below -- get an umbrella
Forest Azure: /me is looking for a bucket, no matter if it is black or white
James Atlloud: y'all know I like to safari in mouselook... um.. this is something!!!
Nico Kaliani: Yikes...I don't even want to try mouselook on this
Luna Lunaria: mouselook was cool... I hope I wore underwear today :-P
James Atlloud: agree +1
Nico Kaliani: I think we have more people cube dancing than not
Wizzina and friend

And so the season of Safari ended. Lots of dancing, whimsical characters, jokes and interesting discoveries. That's it for this year, with the exception of the special Sunday Safari on December 11, part of the Opensim Community Conference. Thanks to each and every one of you who hosted and joined us,  whether on the day or at a later date, or thought the posts on this blog.
James Atlloud: The cube is so fast Mal lost his hat!
Luna Lunaria: I love your region Nico, very creative :-)
Kelso Uxlay: Thanks for today's visit - Nico - very impressive sim
Mal Burns: great end to season

HG Address:   grid.copykat.ovh:12000:Aether


No comments:

Post a Comment