Thursday, September 12, 2024

Safari Maitai


May your journey and your drink never end, or be boring
Eiaha e pau to oe haereraa e to oe inu, eiaha râ e riri
Our second stop this week was on Alternate Metaverse grid, and a beautiful VARregion with low lag and dramatic scenery. As always, the HG Address is at the end of the post.
Thirza Ember: Welcome to Tahiti... waiting just a sec for any people are trapped between tps
Lynnestra Parker: Maldrul said he has to relog, he can't tp Star Ravenhurst: I hate when that happens, Microsoft did an update so that doesn't help
Thirza Ember: yes and that brings me to my next point... This region is by Yana Dakota - you can see her photo here Forest Azure: /me peeks Thirza Ember: it says 'offline' by her picture, that's because just a little while ago her computer did that update, and something went wrong, so Yana can't be with us today sadly. However, I have some of the background, if you'd like to hear about it... In RL, Yana in the Canary islands, like our friend from last week over on Astralia grid, Marpil (altho Marpil is a native of the Canaries, not sure Yana was born there). Star Ravenhurst: Oh wow! Small world.
Thirza Ember: Because Yana loves islands, she decided to make a sim all about Tahiti, as you may be able to see it's huge...

Badr Norseman: It is nicely made Thirza Ember: in the Safari Folder you got today at the clubhouse, apart from the LMs, there were some speech bubbles James Atlloud: oh, now I see. Thirza Ember: there are 6, each one is a word in Tahitian, so by the end of this tour, you will be able to have a convo with any Tahitians you meet! i promise if you try out the words, they will appear above your head and not eliminate your clothes Lynnestra Parker: How cool! I am going to be wearing this at the welcome party next time Yana is there :) Loru Destiny: I love that idea Forest Azure: /me has a sentence bubble Star Ravenhurst: I bet I still trip over my tongue.
Arriving on Tahiti
Thirza Ember: 'nana' is Goodbye, 'Aroha' means Love, and 'Maitai' translates to great, wonderful or yummy hence, of course, the drink... Maldrul Smith: /me pulls a Maitai out of his "pocket and gives it to Lynn ;> Star Ravenhurst: The word for Love is very similar to I love you in Ebo, a Nigerian Language Thirza Ember: ok so I have some factoids for you: Here's the first one. Last week we were in the Canary islands. The distance between La Palma (Canary islands) and Papeete (Tahiti) is 4,682.61 mi (7,535.93 km) Thirza Ember: Let's first go to the Volcano... the TP board is right by me. I think it should work fine but failing that, we can just jump on heads
Forest Azure: yours :) Thirza Ember: The the main volcano on Tahiti is Tahiti-Nui the and it's been dormant for many centuries. volcano on Tahiti called Teahitiʻa last erupted in 1985. Not to be confused with the mega eruption in 2022 in Tonga, about 3000km away. Beth Ghostraven: wow! that looks HOT Forest Azure: do i dare .. do i dare ...
Angelic Kisses: i was thinking the same! Maldrul Smith: LYNN! she just jumped into the volcano :O Angelic Kisses: How's the lava?? Lynnestra Parker: That was warm :) curiosity took over Hella Yver: beautiful !! Loru Destiny: is this the moment for a human sacrifice? Badr Norseman: I hope not Lynnestra Parker: I tried to sacrifice myself but it spit me out ;) Angelic Kisses: you were too hot for the volcano! James Atlloud: Great sound up here - a Lorin Tone contribution? Lynnestra Parker: I love the way the fire is animated! It really makes you think it is hot Loru Destiny: I guess, it's the hottest place in OS Star Ravenhurst: This is one of the best volcanoes I have seen. Alex Salamander: Are we all cooked through yet?
Maldrul Smith: I put on extra sunscreen ;> Thirza Ember: next stop, is the Surfing area Lynnestra Parker: This is absolutely beautiful!! Forest Azure: ah .. yes, you can surf here
Thirza Ember: another factoid... Papeete is the capital of Tahiti and also the capital of French Polynesia. So Tahitians are French citizens. French Polynesia covers an area about the size of Europe, but it only has 300.000 people, compared to Europe, over 700million... The Tahitian village of Teahupo'o is the site of the surfing competition during this year's Paris Olympic Games
Lynnestra Parker: I watched the surfing in the Olympics on tv... Ah she has the Lilie Sparks wave. That is a good one to surf, I have version one of it
James Atlloud: surf's up!
Badr Norseman: Cool ...the yellow one is more fun :)
Thirza Ember: the Lorin Tone sound effects are amazing... I guess we probably should check out the Dead Volcano Swamp...see you there! James Atlloud: This is a dramatic change from the other environments.
Thirza Ember: the rainbow over there is lovely let's go walk in the rain!
Thirza Ember: Tahiti has only 2 seasons March-November dry season, November - March rainy season, when there is a tropical downpour pretty much every day, and it's hot and humid. in case you were wondering Forest Azure: i was Thirza Ember: Yana would have better factoids than me but here is another one... The Mutiny on the Bounty, which is a true story, began in part because of the interaction between the sailors on the Bounty and the native women on Tahiti
James made some Croc shoes in Blender recently and he is very proud of them... last week they were very glowy, this week not so much. But his affinity with the animals is undeniable...
James Atlloud: I see crocs and they ain't glowin'! Star Ravenhurst: They only need a small snack James Forest Azure: wishing them bon appetit James Atlloud: This rain is totes immersive! Loru Destiny: /s warm rain, I'm thankful Mal Burns: I'm a-singing in the rain! but you cant hear me Badr Norseman: Dancing in the rain is fun :) Lynnestra Parker: This is awesome! I love the baby crocs! Star Ravenhurst: They are too cute!
Thirza Ember: here's another factoid... New Zealand, which is 3,200 kms to the southwest, is the nation closest to French Polynesia. More tourists visit Hawaii in a day, than visit Tahiti in a year. Mal Burns: wonders if that surfboard will get me 3200 kms? Loru Destiny: oh wow I heard thunder Forest Azure: /me has her own private cloudburst James Atlloud: thunder and lightning! Alan Scot: I got swamped
Lynnestra and Madrul dressed to impress!
Our final stop was the town of Papeete. As you can see some of us had gone to a lot of trouble to wear the appropriate clothes. Maldrul Smith: I dressed just for the Tahiti part :> Thirza Ember: Final Factoid... The French artist Paul Gauguin lived on Tahiti in the 1890s and there is a Paul Gauguin museum in Papeete. Let's have a poll... who wants to go to RL Tahiti, and who would just be happy to come back and continue to explore this sim? Badr Norseman: mmm RL is tempting.. Star Ravenhurst: I want to go to Easter Island first, so I will come back and explore this one. Lynnestra Parker: I will be coming back here and I want to go to RL Tahiti Loru Destiny: I will go to tahiti and settle down there Maldrul Smith: I will definitely return here to explore! :> Lynnestra Parker: This was a great safari! Thank you so much!

HG Address: alternatemetaverse.com:8002:Tahiti

Papeete waterfront

3 comments:

  1. OMG, i am so thrilled by all your comments...this mean so much to me!
    Thank You Thank You so much. I so wished I was be there with You, You all sounds like amazing people, that enjoyes a lot of work i have put in it! Thank You so much for visiting Tahiti.

    Much blessings for you All,
    Regards and Love Yana Dakota

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love what you did! Tahiti is one of the most beautiful places I have seen in OS! Now I have to get a wind surf board rezzer for my little beach. LOL Excellent job, Yana! Hugs

      Delete
  2. This was a wonderful visit and the environmental builds and sounds were really immersive. A shame the builder couldn't be there, but Thirza you did a great job as tour guide. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete