Sunday, January 29, 2023

Ieko and the Never Ending Circus

A couple of weeks ago the Safari visited the sim of Ieko Catnap aka Ieko Logic, on grid Barefoot Dreamers. The region has an unusual name, and a very beautiful appearance. Ieko was kind enough to share some thoughts about her creativity with the group, here's what she said.
ieko Logic (fr -> en): "Never Ending Story" is my romantic version of a plot of land of different styles gathered around a Provencal village (South of the France), including a market, a cafĂ©, a circus and some adapted buildings. 
 ieko Logic (fr -> en): Everything was built as and when I found myself keeping the initial state of mind.   Let's start with the market. There is a girl who watered her birthday too much yesterday in the tower
ieko Logic (fr -> en): and the sheep that stand in the way of this poor motorist! le chateau, the library, the royal stables the horses the cows: and sheep
Tosha Tyran: wow - it all looks so freaking real!
falene hawks: quoi ! pas de bar no Bar !  where is my cognac ?
ieko Logic [fr→en]: the bakery
Huga Bug: I can almost smell them baked goods
James Atlloud: time for bagette!
ieko Logic [fr→en]: just baked the bread with flour from the mill. The village on the mountain gives a nice point of view
Thirza Ember: What brought you to Barefoot Dreamers? 
ieko Logic [fr→en]: I was looking for a new grid and my friend Monika was there. I've been here since the end of September... and Falene joined us too. The owners are nice
Hugabug, of Barefoot Dreamers
Thirza Ember: What's the story behind the name of the sim?
ieko Logic [fr→en]: I called it "Never Ending Story" because I already had a lot of land on many grids, and the story isn't over yet... and then I love the music of the film and the film, always a positive, even starting from scratch it's a new experience. a new look.
So the artist's journey is always a journey towards a renewed creation?
ieko Logic [fr→en]: yes we always question ourselves, but my life as an artist is a little less prolific than before I have too many health concerns
Thirza Ember: I love your outfit especially the necklace
ieko Logic [fr→en]: I put on the appropriate outfit to welcome people who come to visit the circus. I did not put modern rides, only old ones
Thirza Ember: what does the word 'circus' mean to you, as an artist
ieko Logic [fr→en]: a meeting of people passionate about their artistic work, in a different way than my approach but very close however I left the elephants free, no hindrance, I don't like working animals, nor that they are in a cage - modern circuses don't do that anymore, so much the better. You can present quality work without exhibiting animals. I went to the circus show "Plume"  - it was a magical show, very poetic.
ieko Logic [fr→en]: The concept of 'Circus' both in rl and in virtual, can convey many ideas, - childhood, magic, reinventing life and creativity, and it is beyond anything you can imagine. This is my safety valve, a very different creative experience to my RL paintings, but it feeds me just the same. It's one of many ways of 'escaping'.
ieko Logic [fr→en]: It's the first time I've done this kind of environment, it all started from the perched village and I adapted the rest as if it were Provence... as discoveries are made, and it's still evolving, because the story is never over
Thirza Ember: I don't see any of your RL canvases on show on this sim, Ieko. 
ieko Logic [fr→en]: if I present them one day again they will be old canvases, there are still some of my works of art on my Serenity land "rose des sables". I was inspired by the "Majorelle villa" in Morocco to present them, it is the only remaining exhibition space -  you can see them if you visit Serenity Grid serenitygrid.com:8010:SERENITY-Rose-des-sables
ieko Logic [fr→en]: In the cafe, a nod to Erwan and his house in Giverny. I have never met such a builder like Erwan of Serenity Grid.
Serenity is indeed a word that comes to mind when visiting this beautiful sim constantly in flux - it had changed between the time the Safari visited and when I met with Ieko about ten days later. But the overall sensation, of an oasis of positive energy, calm admiration of beauty and kindness - these things are always present on the region, and indeed on the grid. Visit whenever you can, you won't be disappointed.
HG Address:  login.barefoot-dreamers.com:8002:ieko land

 

1 comment:

  1. Thank you very much Thirza, always a pleasure to meet visitors like you and the Safari.

    ReplyDelete