Saturday, December 25, 2021

Present Joy

          A landmark is a bit like parmesan. It looks so solid that you think it will last forever, and it kind of does, until one day you open it and find it's gone off - or offline. Usually when you need it the most.

 Since returning to opensim, I have been checking out Freebie places old and new for this page Facebook, and for the updated Freebie LM  collection you will soon find inside this poster at the HG Safari clubhouse. 

          Someone mentioned that  Rayvn's Roost Concourse on My Virtual Beach was worth a look. I headed over there, and was lucky enough to find online Trizaria 'Trizzy' Hunter. She is co-owner of the grid, with her partner Rocky One. Trizzy kindly took a few minutes to tell a little of her story.

Trizaria Hunter: I come from originally IMVU. That is where I started out and created there for 7 years. Rayvn's Roost Concourse, the freebie mall, is my own region but I offer a wide variety of content including content I have created or uploaded from free 3D mesh sites.

MyVirtualBeach is a smart start grid, that means regions take about thirty seconds to load,
a short wait for a whole lot of loveliness.
              A lot of us remember when the IMVU people arrived in opensim back in 2017, it was a bit like one of those sci fi shows where people from a different time or dimension suddenly arrive on your planet, luckily looking and sounding a lot like the rest of us. Exciting and interesting, but it must surely have been very challenging too. Some stayed in OSGrid, some moved on to grids set up by likeminded souls, some set up their own grids, with all the joys and challenges that offers. That was the track Trizzy and Rocky took. 

The beachy pirate welcomer on MyVirtualBeach
          They battled through various setbacks, in real life and inworld, the sort of relatable situations that might drive many to give up on running their own grid, but not Rocky and Tizzy.  

Trizaria Hunter: In May 2019 we reopened as Eros Resort and were starting to grow again when the hard drive went poof in late June of 2020 and we reopened starting fresh as My Virtual Beach. It's been slow growth, but you get that with any grid sometimes, and we are pretty patient.

Something for the Distinguished Gentleman

          Rayven's Roost Concourse is absolutely enormous. it's a 2xvar region, with other regions linked to it, and there are also Hallloween and Christmas themed freebie regions on the grid.

Trizaria Hunter: I have over now 13 stores full of content clothing furniture, hair, and I even have a full floor of texture files I have made over the years going back to 2012 when I started making them for my IMVU creations.

        That's the spirit. Focus on the now, and let the past inform your current bliss. And bliss is what you will find here, if your thing is freebies. Keep looking around this concourse, and you will find houses, furniture, plants and trees beyond the avies and clothes, plus all kinds of odd items you might not think you want and yet when you see them you say ooo. That is what this region is all about. It would take hours, probably days to comb through all of it, and your cache will kill you.   


The thing I fell in love with was the selection of potted plants. So, what about stuff ripped blatantly from SL? I had to ask.

Trizaria Hunter: well if you pop to concourse and go off the landing turn left there is a shop straight ahead of clothing and yes the mesh is from SL but I have full permission from the creator to release it here free, as long as it is no copy no mod so that's how it is set. If anyone needs the permission note I can surely pop to SL and make a copy of it.

          That is going above and beyond, I thought. But you can tell she is a builder and creator, and while she can't guarantee that nothing on this behemoth of a shopping mall is ripped from SL, you can be sure that this is not just a copybotter's paradise.

Trizaria Hunter: IMVU is where I started out and created there for 7 years. so the one thing that gets my craw and irks me is infringement.

          This is also a place that has saved  a lot of content from long-disconnected sims.

 Trizaria Hunter: you remember the old Diamond Sands region? with all the building supplies like windows and just building parts? It was on OS for a while before it disappeared, but they had a store called Gallery Furniture. It has great furniture in it and all these building supplies to aid in building construction. I had grabbed it all and glad I did because now they are gone so I have all of that content at Rayvn's so it is not lost.









No comments:

Post a Comment