Thursday, September 17, 2026

Lovely Mexico Lindo

Our second stop this week was on OSGrid, to visit a Spanish speaking community that is as vibrant as it is various.
 Lina Kahlo [es→en]: Everyone is welcome to Mexico Lindo, your visit coincided with a very important date in the history of Mexico, we celebrated 216 years of independence
Lina and Niko
Niko Stone [es→en]: With a lot of effort and dedication she achieved this cultural meeting for everyone. We are just in the main square. The plaza you are visiting here in Mexico Lindo Virtual represents this historical place and allows us to experience, in a virtual environment, one of the most important national traditions of Mexico. The plaza you are visiting here in Mexico Lindo Virtual represents this historical place and allows us to experience, in a virtual environment, one of the most important national traditions of Mexico. 
Ayla Alvarez: ♥.;:+THUNDEROUS  APPLAUSE+:;.♥
Ayla Alvarez: so that would be independence from the Spanish
Niko Stone [es→en]: If you want, you can join us where independence was proclaimed. In the early morning of September 16, 1810, Father Miguel Hidalgo y Costilla called on the people of Mexico to rise up against Spanish rule. The call began with the ringing of the bell of the church of Dolores, Guanajuato, gathering people in the town square. Hidalgo then gave a passionate speech in favor of freedom, encouraging the people to fight for independence.
Niko Stone [es→en]: This historical moment became known as “El Grito de Dolores” and marked the beginning of Mexico's fight for independence.  On the balcony you can see the image of the priest Miguel Hidalgo with his respective bell In 1896, President Porfirio Díaz ordered the original bell used by Hidalgo to be moved from Dolores to Mexico City and placed on the balcony of the National Palace. Since then, the bell has been rung every year as part of the Independence celebrations.
Niko Stone [es→en]: Today, although September 16 is Mexico's official Independence Day, the celebration begins the night of September 15. Thousands of people gather in Mexico City's Zócalo, where the President rings the historic bell and pronounces the names of Mexico's heroes, followed by the traditional Proclamation of Independence: Long live Mexico!
Thirza Ember: oh wow that's really beautifully done Lina like a 3d painting
Lina Kahlo [es→en]: Thank you Thirza, I'm glad you like it and I hope you enjoy this beautiful representation of our Mexican history
Thirza Ember: how long have you all been in opensim?
Niko Stone [es→en]: I think 3 years
Lina Kahlo [es→en]: I personally 4 years old
Tina Bey [es→en]: It's all so colorful, in Mexico! beautiful
Lina Kahlo [es→en]: from clothing and decoration, both in the same houses
Niko Stone [es→en]: Well, if you join us, we are going to visit a very fundamental monument for Mexican history.
Niko Stone [es→en]: Welcome, friends, to one of the most emblematic places in Mexico City In front of us we have the famous Angel of Independence, located on the majestic Paseo de la Reforma. This monument was inaugurated in 1910, as part of the celebrations for the centenary of the beginning of the Independence of Mexico.
Niko Stone [es→en]: If we look up, we can see high above the golden figure of the winged Victory, affectionately known by Mexicans as El Ángel. In one hand he holds a laurel wreath, a symbol of victory, and in the other a broken chain, representing freedom. Now look at the great column and its base. You will find sculptures and elements that represent the heroes and events related to the fight for Independence. The entire complex was designed to remember the birth of a free nation.
Tina Bey [es→en]: very beautiful
Niko Stone [es→en]: But this place not only belongs to history. El Ángel has also become one of the great meeting points in Mexico City. Here Mexicans celebrate sports victories, important events and, of course, national holidays. And today we have the opportunity to get to know it from Mexico Lindo, our little virtual corner dedicated to showing the beauty, culture and history of Mexico.
Ayla Alvarez: its spectacular, really
Tina Bey [es→en]: It's good that you have obtained a very good replica.
Thirza Ember: Niko, it's good to be able to share RL history in opensim. it can reach a global audience
Niko Stone [es→en]: Thirza it is wonderful and even more so to be able to have a meeting point for various cultures... here we have the presence of many people from various countries and as it is in life, we are united by respect and friendship
Dowal Canson, a close associate of Mexico Lindo
Niko Stone [es→en]: Next we are going to show you a Mexican party place... this part that I really like... we have a gastronomic sector so they can enjoy Mexican delicacies
Lina Kahlo [es→en]: Yes, the national holidays and the celebration of May 5
Tina Bey [es→en]: and there are many Mexicans in opensim?
Niko Stone [es→en]:  several yes. There is a saying that says "everywhere in the world you will find a Mexican." I am from Argentina, but thanks to Lina I was able to nourish myself and love Mexico very much.
Lina Kahlo [es→en]: hehe yes, we go all over the world
Tina Bey [es→en]: Niko. I am also from Argentina. My first teacher in opensim, Dimitri, was from Mexico
Niko Stone [es→en]: and our friend Dowal who accompanies us is from Brazil
Dowal Canson [pt→en]: I am from Brazil
Niko Stone [es→en]: As I told you, it is a meeting point for many cultures and countries. We have many spaces for parties... We have parties Monday and Friday, and every Saturday theme parties. We have many stages to hold all types of parties
Ayla Alvarez: Mexico Lindo has many events and they advertise in Open Sim World frequently
Niko Stone [es→en]: We can show you some so that you can appreciate
Thirza Ember: if everyone can dance, I can make a nice GIF for my blog
Niko Stone [es→en]: let's go to the rainbow club
Taarna Welles: Niko, I think it’s beautiful how you carry the weapon on your hip like that. To me it now looks like the gunslinger from the book The Dark Tower
Thirza Ember: this is a big contrast!
Niko Stone [es→en]: In this thematic album we seek to promote gender equality and reject all types of discrimination
Thirza Ember: Lina and Niko can you tell us how you came to be on Littlefield grid?
Niko Stone [es→en]: I arrived at littlefield thanks to lina, I didn't know about these worlds
Tina Bey  [es→en]: I thought we were all born in SL
Lina Kahlo [es→en]: Well, I heard about open sim via fb, and I went to another grid before coming to LFgrid , where I really felt at home and now we have been on the grid for 5 months
Tina Bey [es→en]: Yes, as is, but The Safaris have helped a lot... we owe it to Thirza
Niko Stone [es→en]: For the next safari I may join
Ayla Alvarez: you should. I think its in Groovyverse, my home grid
Niko Stone [es→en]: well our next stop is an Arab site where we have many aspects of Islamic and Arab culture
Thirza Ember: this is another big change of theme
Niko Stone [es→en]: We have also held several parties with the theme. It is worth remembering that everything has been decorated by Lina, she is a great worker
Thirza Ember: yes, Lina you have a very good eye for building
Lina Kahlo [es→en]: Awww, thank you, I like doing it and even more so that friends and guests come and enjoy it
Ayla Alvarez: are there lots of Arabs in Mexico?
Lina Kahlo [es→en]: Yes, there are communities of Arabs and Muslims in Mexico, in RL
Ayla Alvarez: that's fascinating...I had no idea
Niko Stone [es→en]: Since we respect all cultural and religious ideology here, everyone is welcome.
Thirza Ember: it's funny how we all know that the USA is made of many cultures, but we imagine that Mexico is one homogeneous community... it's diverse.
Niko Stone [es→en]: Mexico is the most similar to opensim, there is everything, and it is a place where the people are very warm, one is always welcome
Thirza Ember: and dancing is very popular!
Niko Stone [es→en]: well the next stop takes us towards the 70's
Tina Bey [es→en]: Haaaa I love traveling in time!!
Jupiter Rowland: Groovy...
Ayla Alvarez: is this where we make love?
Niko Stone [es→en]: This beautiful place refers to the hippie movement of the 70s
Taarna Welles: Have we been before here?
Niko Stone [es→en]: We have relied a lot on making this place because of the hippie movement and the Woodstock festival. and from here we obviously say "no to war". This place was also inspired by great musical references such as Janis Joplin, Jim Morrison or Jimmy Hendrix.
Lina Kahlo [es→en]: there is crown and grass yes
Tina Bey [es→en]: not grass, pasture
Niko Stone [es→en]: I'm a guide so I can't smoke
Thirza Ember: no smoking and no drinking lol
Ayla Alvarez: I don't inhale
Thirza Ember: there are very few Spanish language grids in opensim. What is the reason for that do you think?
Tina Bey: I think it is a problem with internet connections, throughout Latin America, just 5 years ago they began to be better. Before, You entered any sim, and you couldn't even walk... so you deserted
Niko Stone [es→en]: both internet and economic I believe.  Here everything is paid in dollars and the dollar in Latin American countries is very high.
Lina Kahlo [es→en]: I have noticed that, very few Latino or Hispanic places, even though there are many Hispanic people, but there are no meeting places, at least not that I know of.
Jupiter Rowland: In contrast to the Francophone community which seems quite tight-knit.
Thirza Ember: and the German diaspora which is huge
Tina Bey [es→en]: Just like those of us who work at opensim, we are always behind a quest of research.
Niko Stone [es→en]: well we will continue the tour with an emblematic place that we have, the famous "yacht", a place very loved by the people around us where we usually have good parties! We have renovated it, since the original was smaller and we had the pleasure of enlarging it for more comfort... Who hasn't dreamed of a yacht trip having a party?
The chill pool on the yacht is spectacular
Jupiter Rowland: Cool, you even have a grooving area here. I'll have to tell Hyacinth.
Tina Bey [es→en]: how nice on a boat!!
Niko Stone [es→en]: Since the festivities began in Mexico Lindo, the yacht has been one of the key points for the festivities. You could say that it is one of the longest-lived places we have. That's why it deserved its respective renewal. And now we present the latest new disco created. We call this club "purple night club". It's like the wild card, since we can play everything from electronic music to cumbias. 
Dowal Canson [pt→en]: Friday party with DJ Dowal everyone is invited,  4:00 SLT
Thirza Ember: did you experience much change when the Littlefield regions moved to OSGrid?
Niko Stone [es→en]: a little, I liked Littlefield better, but at least the same group came
Lina Kahlo [es→en]: Some of us, since we come from the same group of LF, continue to feel at home, because sometimes it's not about the place, it's the people
Niko Stone [es→en]: good phrase
Thirza Ember: i never knew that Jupiter was related to John Travolta
Niko Stone [es→en]: Well, adjust your riding boots,  welcome to "El Desmadre" ranch, a country place to have a good time and feel close to the rural area.
Ayla Alvarez: some of us have horses... nice dance hall fresh air
Thirza Ember: Lina do you make things in Mesh or do you search for things in opensim and on websites? both activities can take a lot of time and patience
Lina Kahlo [es→en]: I really look for things in opensim, I can't create from scratch
Thirza Ember:  it's not easy to find appropriate pieces for each themed  location
Lina Kahlo [es→en]: Ok, after here we will go to another place that many people from all over Opensim like to visit in Mexico Lindo, the avatar area, soon I will be putting up some new ones... Luna fashion, is what I used to call the store before, in the grid where I started my story in opensim
Niko Stone [es→en]: well this place is a complete avatar store, one of the most popular places in the sim. This place has a lot of traffic, since many people usually come to look for their avatars. All avatars are created personally by Lina, in every detail
Lina Kahlo [es→en]:  none of the complete avatars were brought from another store, the only things I use are the head and bodies, but the shape and style are my creations or ideas
Tina Bey [es→en]: I'll have to stop by here...
Niko Stone [es→en]: I must say that Lina has a lot of talent for creating avatars.
Mexico Lindo is a showcase of Lina's talent
Niko Stone [es→en]: tell us which place you liked the most
Tina Bey[es→en]: I already told you that the monument to freedom with the angel and the great building!
Lina Kahlo [es→en]: It is very good and above all what it represents for Mexicans
Jupiter Rowland: The historical places.
Thirza Ember: I think I liked the cinco de mayo best because of the food, I'm always hungry on safari
Thirza Ember: this has been so much fun.
Lina Kahlo [es→en]: We are glad that you liked it and that you felt well received, we did our best to make it that way, it was a pleasure to receive you and show you some places in beautiful Mexico
Thirza Ember: thanks to all the Safari tourists for their patience during the first part of the trip
Alex Salamander: Thank you very much; it was very interesting here, and seeing so much was a wonderful experience.
Taarna Welles: Thank you for the great tour and until next Safari
Ayla Alvarez: Thirza and ty All Mexican Lindo people!
Dowal Canson [pt→en]: It was a pleasure to meet you and take this wonderful tour in Mexico Beautiful
HG Address: hg.osgrid.org:80:Mexico Lindo

No comments:

Post a Comment