Arriving on Second Sanctuary grid is a bit like arriving at a beautiful Carribbean resort. A pirate ship, gorgeous beaches, and a relaxed atmosphere are the hallmarks of this small but beautifully landscaped grid. On hand to greet us when we arrived on the region called Vanaheim were Pete Taylor and Naomi Volturi, you may remember them from a recent blog post called... what else, Second Sanctuary. Pete and Naomi has invited us to go cat hunting - for some very sophisticate cats! as a way to explore this island where anyone looking for a beachy pied-a-terre in the metaverse. HG Address as always at the end of the post.
Naomi Volturi: Hello all, nice to have you here
Pete Taylor: It might be a good idea to reduce the draw distance. Otherwise, you’ll have a lot to load.
Alex Salamander: Hallo und guten Abend :-)
Koshari Mahana: I see everyone naked lol
Thirza Ember: our clothes travel second class, it's economy rates
Angelic Kisses: hahaha
Jojo Apple: lol
Koshari Mahana: Hi Naomi, Hi Pete
Bink Draconia: hello
Naomi Volturi: hello Bink long time no see
Pete Taylor: welcome all
![]() |
| Pete Taylor and Naomi Volturi, owners of Second Sanctuary |
Forest Azure: ah James, sitting again? you have been sitting on a horse all the time!
James Atlloud: I know, but I have a walk AO that just won't stop, so I think this is better.
Pete Taylor: thirza, are all guests here?
Thirza Ember: Yes, I think we are all here... maybe not all our textures, but in spirit we are all here... we may smell of horse, sorry about that
Pete Taylor: well ... then a warm welcome to everyone at Vanaheim
James Atlloud: Textures - so late to the party!
![]() |
| Forest brought her horse |
Forest Azure: my horse won't leave me!
James Atlloud: aww, how sweet that horse
Naomi Volturi: Oh, I hope that's a seahorse and can swim, lol.
Spax Orion: confining a horse to this small area would be animal abuse.
Thirza Ember: Forest has a long history with horses and places a horse should never go
Pete Taylor: It’s lovely that the safari went ahead. We’re delighted to have you all here... Vanaheim is a region consisting of a lot of free islands
Thirza Ember: such pretty islands and variety of houses!
Pete Taylor: To the east of here, there are a few more large islands which aren’t free
Pete Taylor: thirza, its good so. so it wont sink anymore
Jojo Apple: where's the galley :)
James Atlloud: This ship is great and fully complete below deck!
Spax Orion: no emergency engine down below
Taarna Welles: It’s nice to see the ribs under the deck.
Koshari Mahana: Wow, it's beautiful!
Pete Taylor: We’ll walk the first section of the trail, and we can have a chat whilst we’re at it. Just in case anyone gets lost, we’ve handed out these teleporters. The green dot always shows your own location, and we’ll go through them one by one.
Koshari Mahana: The wood is beautiful and so real
![]() |
| The trailhead |
Pete Taylor: ok all.... we'll walk the first 1,5km .... the red line on the map here
Jojo Apple: I love the cat :)
James Atlloud: great map too, with the tp board.
Naomi Volturi: To make the walk along the trail a bit more exciting, we’ve placed a few cats along the path specifically for today’s Safari Event—so if you keep your eyes open and look around, you might be able to take a few cats home with you.
Jojo Apple: OHHHH! Cats!! I colect them in all lives!
Koshari Mahana: Love cats!
Naomi Volturi: here you can see how the cats look like
Thirza Ember: i hope Bink and Sixtus don't scare the cats
Bink Draconia: cats???? yum, yum :)
Jojo Apple: this is really pretty
![]() |
| Bink and Sixtus |
Forest Azure: yay, my first cat!
Angelic Kisses: i didn't find a cat...but i have crabs
Roffellos Kisses: omg
![]() |
| Virginia the Cat, with the Mysterious Volcano in the background |
Thirza Ember: you can take something for that, Angelic
James Atlloud: ha ha ha
Taarna Welles: Wow they are so nice!
Thirza Ember: this is such a charming park
![]() |
| Spax and a cat - sometimes the textures don't arrive all together on Safari |
Pete Taylor: the chat range is at 1000m
Spax Orion: and the whisper range is half of that?
Pete Taylor: whisper is normal
Forest Azure: /me prepares for Spax whispers
Pete Taylor: shouts: shout is 1000m too
Spax Orion: is there a prize for the person who makes it to the end first?
Pete Taylor: no, but we have prizes for all
Dings Digital: nice place
Taarna Welles: yoohooo over here, very nice landscaping
Naomi Volturi: We have set up small areas everywhere where you can sit down.
Despite the many many good places for sitting, the lure of the cat collection kept us all on our feet, hunting for more, and also just enjoying the trail as a great place to run around and explore.
Jojo Apple: Hi kitty kitty! Wanna come home with me?
Koshari Mahana: This is so beautifully landscaped
Jojo Apple: I need landscaping lessons
![]() |
| The Pond with No Name - or should that be Lake Forest ? |
Forest Azure: i thought a cat .. but is Bink!
Thirza Ember: ahahaha don't try to pet Bink, she will bite you
Forest Azure: /me looks at bink .. dare I?
Pete Taylor: but no reason to worry, this stays for the weekend too. so you may stay another hour or come back
Forest Azure: now i'll need cat food! do they eat ice cream?
Jojo Apple: mine will...vanilla :)
Taarna Welles: I hope so. I didn't collect them all.
Pete Taylor: you'll find another 6 cats as you continue on our way. And if you can’t carry all those cats… we’ve got rucksacks for everyone here. We’d be delighted if you could complete the collection today or over the next few days
James Atlloud: nice
Dings Digital: this is a very nice place to visit
Jojo Apple: it is. All these little islands..I love them too
Spax Orion: thank you Pete and Naomi
Thirza Ember: there are 16 to find, correct?
Forest Azure: did we walk all the kilometers now?
Taarna Welles: 16? That's a lot ha ha ha
Jojo Apple: I will definitely be back to wander..cats or no cats :)
Pete Taylor: Maybe someone might even rent one of our islands one day. its free with 1000 prim
Jojo Apple: wow!
Koshari Mahana: I was panning out just now and there is so much more to see, I just saw a cute little village, I have to come back. I loved the swamp too
![]() |
| James being calm among the foliage near Sugarloaf Island |
James Atlloud: Get a great calm feeling here.
Angelic Kisses: I agree, James, this is a very lovely place
Ayla Alvarez: thanks for the tour Pete :-)
Yara Eilde: Danke Pete und Naomi, es hat uns sehr gefallen. Wir kommen wieder
Thirza Ember: something for everyone! thanks for taking the time to host us, Naomi and Pete
Pete Taylor: its so great we met you all :)
Koshari Mahana: Nice to meet you too!
Naomi Volturi: We are glad that you liked it and enjoyed it.
Alex Salamander: Everything turned out really great :-) Thanks for the great tour and the cats. Good night everyone
HG Address: 2nd-sanctuary.de:8002:Vanaheim

.png)
.png)
.png)
.png)
.png)

.png)
.png)
.png)
.png)
.png)

.png)

I went back again and ended up with 12 pretty cats in total.
ReplyDelete